This blog post is a little late! I was hoping to get it done last night on the way back from Caerphilly to Welshpool… however, Arriva trains don’t have WIFI and once I hit Welshpool, I had a 4.5 hour car drive home to Suffolk!
I’m missing stage 5 and 6 of the Tour of Britain and re joining it for stage 7 and 8 which should be nice!
Stage 4, which can be viewed below, was a great stage! The scenery across the Brecon Beacons national park was amazing and I just couldn’t resist not getting a picture from the park… the scene was immense!
The crowds around Brecon and also in Caerphilly were superb! The KOM up Caerphilly mountain was like a seen from the Tour De France! Superb!
Results from stage 4 and 5 can be seen below.
Stage Four, Powis Castle, Welshpool to Caerphilly
1) Thor Hushovd (Nor, Garmin Cervelo) 4h 32m 22s
2) Lars Boom (Ned, Rabobank) same time
3) Cesare Benedetti (Ita, Team NetApp) same time
4) Ian Bibby (GB, Motorpoint) same time
5) Boy Van Poppel (Ned, UnitedHealthcare) same time
6) Jan Barta (Cze, Team NetApp) same time
7) Stijn Neirynck (Bel, Topsport Vlaanderen) same time
8) Leopold Koenig (Ger, Team NetApp) same time
9) Iker Camano (Spa, Endura Racing) same time
10) Linus Gerdemann (Ger, Leopard Trek) same time
Stage Five, Exeter to Exmouth
1 Mark Renshaw (Aus, HTC Highroad) 04:17:38
2 Mark Cavendish (GB, HTC Highroad) st
3 Robert Förster (Ger, UnitedHealthcare) st
4 Geraint Thomas (GB, Sky ProCycling) st
5 Andrew Fenn (GB, AN Post – Sean Kelly) st
6 Mathew Hayman (Aus, Sky ProCycling) st
7 Zak Dempster (Aus, Rapha Condor Sharp) st
8 Stijn Neirynck (Bel, Topsport Vlaanderen) st
9 Daniel Schorn (Aut, Team NetApp) st
10 Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita, Leopard Trek) st